Our Essential oils come from the extraction of oils from many different plants and their varying parts. We use only certified pure therapeutic grade essential oils and we pride ourselves on using only ethically sourced oils where growers and producers are always paid fairly for their work and products.
Nearly all of the essential oils we use are derived from steam distillation although some are cold pressed such at the citrus oils which come from the rind of the fruit.
Some of the plant parts used for our oils are:
- Fruit (Rind)
All of our oils are of the highest quality available.
How do Essential Oils Work?
People tend to respond emotionally with the their sense of smell more than any other of our senses. This is partly because the area of the brain associated with smell (Olfaction) also is related to memories and emotions.
Our olfactory nerves are located in the nasal cavity and these send messages to the brain where both memory and emotions are processed and stored. This section of the brain is then connected to other parts of the brain (Pituitary gland & Hypothalmus), which triggers various chemical actions and reactions within our body.
As a result of the connection between the olfactory nerves and our brain’s limbic system the reaction to “Smell” is immediate.
All one miniscule, but very effective, chain reaction.
The variety of molecules within different essential oils causes differing “chain reactions” therefore various responses to each essential oil tap into a wide range of memories and emotional responses for each individual.
Essential oil blends can be used in many ways however our recommendations for our blends relate to Aromatic and Topical use only.
Aromatic – Roller Blends
A very simple way to gain immediate benefits from your oils is to simply “Sniff” them direct from your roller. Alternatively you can apply a little oil to the palm of your hand, rub your hand together to warm the oil then breathe from your cupped hands.
(Please be aware that some oils may irritate your eyes so best to try your oil with your eyes closed until you familiarise yourself with each blend and your response to it.)
A quick sniff of your oil should give you a quick response in those times of need… a buzz of energy from “Zest”, a lift of happy feelings in “Joy”, a calming, focusing moment with “Hush” etc..
Topical – Roller Blends
The quickest way for our bodies to absorb essential oils and disperse into our bloodstream is through the pores on the soles of our feet. As strange as this may seem, these pores are the largest therefore the most effective for absorbing and releasing into the bloodstream.
As well as applying to the soles of your feet it helpful to apply to the area the oils are working to address. For instance “Feels”, which helps to instill loving feelings, for self and others, can be applied to the area around your heart. All blends work well on pulse points also. Each of our blends has a recommended use for its specific properties.
Aromatic – Mists
Our Mists have been created for use “around” you. By “Spritzing” your immediate environment you will aid in cleansing and preparing your personal space or sacred space. This is particularly helpful as part of a routine. For example, you may choose to use your “Slumber” mist by spraying around your bedroom before you state your affirmation or visualization and apply your roller blend at night.
Whilst your would never use a full strength Essential oil blend on children or babies you may find benefit in Misting the bathroom lightly with “Slumber” whilst they have their night time bath to assist them with a sense of calm prior to sleep.
Topical – Mists
Mists are not intended for topical use, rather, for use in your surroundings. They create an environment conducive to the mood/feeling you wish to create. A light spray into the air will be dispersed easily and reach all in the near vicinity.
As you come to know our products you will come to understand what works best for you – we are each individuals with differing needs for cleansing, clearing and preparing our space.
Roller Blends and Mists
A large part of what we have developed for our products is a ritual to help you enhance the benefits of each specific blend and Mist. We believe the regular use within a process will enable our products to become more effective and beneficial to you.
Safety Data – Essential Oils
- Always store ULUNA products out of reach of children. Children require a weaker dilution than adults to be safe on their smaller and more sensitive systems.
- If you have any pre-existing medical conditions please seek advice from your medical practitioner and discuss the appropriateness of using essential oils for you.
- Always avoid contact with your eyes. If you happen to get any oils in your eyes rinse with oils such as olive oil or fractionated coconut oil. DO NOT RINSE WITH WATER. If irritation continues seek medical advice.
- Never apply oils to the inside of your ears. Whilst it is safe to apply oils to the outside of your ears, applying to the inside of your ears can have serious repercussions.
- All citrus oils and blends and mists containing citrus oils can cause photosensitivity – avoid exposure to the sun for 24 hours after application. Citrus oils are:
- Some oils are “hot” oils and can cause irritation to the skin. Please patch test, or dilute, these oils if you have sensitive skin. These oils can be diluted with fractionated coconut oil or olive oil, almond oil, jojoba oil. Hot oils are:
- If you have a reaction to any oil, blend or mists, and dilution with oil does not ease the irritation please seek medical advice.
- Always seek advice from your medical practitioner if you are pregnant, attempting to fall pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Some oils may be detrimental to animals. Never apply any essential oil or oil blend to any animal without first seeking advice from your veterinarian professional.
- Our oil blends are designed to be used by adults. Please do not use on children or babies. If you require and blend for an infant or child please contact us for an appropriate blend.
Please always take care and be safe!
If you have any questions about our essential oils or products that you would like to discuss or would like to order pure essential oils for home-use, please contact us at email@example.com